Rabbi Albert L. Lewis was a graduate of Yeshiva College, received an MS from City College of New York and an MA and Honorary Doctorate from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America. He was ordained at JTS. In 1948, Rabbi Lewis became spiritual leader of a 50-family congregation – Temple Beth Sholom in Haddon Heights, New Jersey. When he retired in 1992, four years after TBS relocated to Cherry Hill, his congregation numbered 1000 families.
More Info »